• Question: which planet would you like to visit and why

Asked by jjfarooq to Dalya, Derek, Sarah, Tim, Tom on 19 Jun 2011.
    • Photo: Dalya Soond

Dalya Soond answered on 16 Jun 2011:

I’m really quite busy these days, what with loads of questions to answer from you lot. So I would say Venus, since it is the closest planet to the Earth. (Remember: Moon isn’t a planet, it’s a moon)

• Photo: Tim Millar

Tim Millar answered on 16 Jun 2011:

I think it would have to be Mars as it might actually be possible to survive there and there may also be martians to have a chat with

• Photo: Derek McKay-Bukowski

Derek McKay-Bukowski answered on 16 Jun 2011:

I wouldn’t like to visit any planets (except the earth, of course!). No thanks!!

However, if I was forced to choose one, it would be mars (as that is the most earth-like in our solar system).

• Photo: Sarah Thomas

Sarah Thomas answered on 17 Jun 2011:

Yeah it’s funny but like the other scis I would like to visit Mars the most. Just because it has the potential to one day be populated with humans and there has been evidence that water exists there, and that life forms like bacteria once lived there, so I think it has a lot of potential for life! And it seems to have a lot of similarities to earth, like polar ice caps, seasons, volcanos, caves. I guess the only problem is that it’s only -5 degrees C there in the summer, not much of a summer holiday! 😀

• Photo: Tom Crick

Tom Crick answered on 19 Jun 2011:

Mars because I think we could actually survive there given the right technology, but it would be amazing to see Jupiter (and especially some of its moons, such as Europa) up close…